top of page

FSA PRO Foxes Get Their 1st Ever Win!

The Foxes had their second match in as many weeks and looked to bounce back from their opening night loss. They had a scrimmage and several trainings to improve upon some of their crucial mistakes from game 1, most notably, not being able to finish the ball. Well, your hometown squad did just that and poured in the goals on a rainy Fall night here at the Fox Den.

Mass United FC was the foe this past Saturday night. They came in with a strong reputation and the results to back it up as they finished the Spring season with a total of 21 points out of a possible 24. Coach Holzer explained after the first match, “We had a strong first half in our inaugural game, but lost the mentality over the course of the second half. We need to keep that consistent fight for the entire match if we want to have a chance to compete against Mass United.” The team knew their energy needed to improve along with making the most of their chances in front of the goal mouth. The boys took this to heart and took it to Mass United.

It didn’t take long for the Foxes to finish the ball. Similar to the opening match, their intensity and quality was very high to start. The difference though, last night the boys finished and kept adding to the tally. A cross was made into the box and the ball eventually found center back Willya Mekolo. He took advantage of the situation and opened the night with an early finish in the 5th minute which set the tone for the rest of the match.

Roughly ten minutes later, the home town kid, Alexis Archilla, got his first goal of the season with a brilliant finish from a long ball. Archilla took the ball off the bounce as the keeper approached and chipped him right into the back of the net. 2-0 for your Foxes in just the first 20 minutes. The boys continued to keep the pressure on the team from Massachusetts and held the lead into half time.

A familiar situation…your Foxes had the lead at half. Once again, Coach Holzer made sure to reiterate the importance of keeping up the intensity. He didn’t want his team faltering like the previous week. You could see the focus in the eyes of the squad. You could also see that the skies had opened up. It began to pour at HSC and your team also began to pour in the goals.

They wanted to get an early goal to start the second half and their wishes came true. Just about 15 minutes into half number two, Vieux “Papa” Mané notched a screamer from 30 yards

out. 3-0 to the good guys. With roughly 20 minutes left, the squad continued to control the possession and made their way into the box. A couple short passes put the Foxes into position to score, but before a shot could even be taken, Nick vonEqypt was tackled in the box. A penalty kick (video below) was given and a penalty kick was scored. 4-0 for the Foxes v Mass.

At this point, the squad was flying high and the rain was coming down. Believe it or not, the home team was not done. Finally, with just a few remaining minutes, Danny Njojam found the ball in the middle of the field, had space, and nailed it towards the goal for another 30 yard strike. And just like that, your Foxes won their first ever match! An inspired effort by a hungry squad. The atmosphere was a wet one, but an energy filled one at the Fox Den thanks to all the fans who stuck it out during the stormy weather. Thank you again to all the fans and sponsors for being apart of another wonderful night.

Your Foxes travel to New Hampshire next weekend to take on the Bobcats for their first away match of their young history. They'll look to harness the energy and scoring momentum from the Fox Den and bring it with them this upcoming weekend. The next home match is scheduled for Saturday, Sept. 28 at 6PM when Krajisnik FC travel down from Utica to Warwick. We hope to see you all there. Purchase tickets here to enjoy a nice night out with the family!

92 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All


bottom of page